Sunday, January 1, 2012

Waterproof makeup to the test!

Happy new year!
So I am prepping for a underwater photo shoot tomorrow and I decided to do some experimenting and put some products to the test! There are so many products out there that claim to be waterproof but I just had to see for myself before I tried it on set. This is not the look Im doing tommorrow, just something I threw together, so sorry, its not my best application. 

So here is what I used:

Face: Dermablend foundation in medium
Eyes: MAC Lingering Brow Pencil
MAC Paint Pot Delft
MAC Eyeliner Blacktrack
Maybelline One by one waterproof mascara (not pictured)
Sonia Kashuk Full Glam lashes
Duo lash glue on left eye/ LashGrip on right eye
*I have never tried lash grip so i wanted to see the difference. 
Lips: NYC 16h lip stain in persistent pink




Before 



Ok! so i took a shower and ran my face under the water for a while without rubbing, I patted my face dry and here was the result. The Lash grip once wet turned white, both lashes were still on, but when i tugged they came off pretty easily. The cream eyeshadow and the eyeliner i used were perfect! The foundation was also intact as was the lip stain.

After
The final verdict, don't use false lashes underwater! I did some research and read that most latex glues do not work if completely submerged, even if they say they are waterproof. However I hear that "lashtite" from ardell works? I may have to go hunt that down in the morning.


thanks for reading and wish me luck on my shoot tomorrow! I will post some behind the scenes pics throughout the day! 

<3 E$

No comments:

Post a Comment